7 Steps to Take to Improve Your Credit Score
by Bruce Smith | Aug 12, 2019 | Blog
Your Credit… 7 Steps you can take to improve your score:
- Pay your personal & business bills On Time! Paying over 30 days late can drop your score up to 100 pts.
- Get credit for making utility & cell phone bills on time.
- Through the new opt-in product, “Experian Boost”, consumers can allow Experian to connect to their bank accounts to identify utility and telecom payment history.
- Pay off debt & keep balances low on credit cards & other revolving credit.
- Apply for open new credit cards only when needed.
- Do Not close unused credit cards – may increase your credit utilization ration.
- Don’t apply for too much new credit over a short period of time resulting in multiple inquiries.
- Check your credit report & score every 4 months for any inaccuracies
- Delinquencies remain on your credit report for seven years.
- Most public record items remain on your credit report for 7-10 yrs.
- Inquiries remain on your report for two years.
- Be patient, rebuilding your credit takes time!